We’ll be honest, for many choosing insurance isn’t the most exciting process and it can seem quite daunting – Do I have the right coverage? Am covered if XYZ happens? What is the right deductible for me? Am I getting good value? Where do I even begin on getting coverage?
All of these are important questions and without a doubt, the best person to help answer these questions and more is an insurance broker. In this post, we’ll answer three main questions people have about the wild world of insurance in Newfoundland & Labrador:
- What is an insurance broker?
- Why should you choose an insurance broker?
- What does Wedgwood Insurance do differently?
What is an insurance broker?
Simply put, brokers provide advice, choice, and advocacy for the insurance consumer – that’s you.
Brokers are licensed professionals whose primary purpose is to help their clients find the insurance protection that is right for them. They provide expert, unbiased advice on insuring your home, car, or business.
Why should you choose an insurance broker?
Like any major decision in life – buying a home, buying a vehicle, choosing your college or university – having as much info as possible is always better. The same goes for insurance. An independent insurance broker can:
- Offer a wide choice of products and price comparisons from a number of insurance companies
- Give advice on your specific risks and suitable insurance protection
- Provide clear information and explain the policy details
- Support and represent you if you need to make a claim
- There is no extra cost to you for all the services that a broker provides. Brokers receive compensation from the insurance company that you place your business with and will be transparent in this regard.
So, having answered the first two questions, what is an insurance broker and why should you choose an insurance broker, we’re left with the third…
What does Wedgwood Insurance do differently?
Of course, answering this question about ourselves can be tricky so we’ll simply let some underlying numbers speak for themselves:
- with over 150 Google reviews and a 4.6 / 5 rating. we’re Newfoundland & Labrador’s most trusted insurance broker
- we’ve been in business since 1978 and bring over 40 years of experience as a locally owned & operated company
- we have two locations to serve you in St. John’s & Corner Brook
- we’re fiercely independent and do not answer to any one insurer
- we’re members of Assurex Global, an exclusive partnership of over 100 of the most prominent independent insurance brokers across 80 countries globally.
- we employ over 70 proud Newfoundlanders & Labradorians who live in and work in our communities
- we’re proud supporters of dozens of charities, community groups, and local sports teams
Experience the Wedgwood Insurance Difference
When you’re evaluating your next move for insurance, contact our team of experienced insurance advisors at Wedgwood. As a broker, we represent most of Canada’s largest and most stable insurance companies. Combined with our in-house risk reduction expertise, we are the brokerage of choice for thousands of Canadian businesses and individuals.