Since our last update on COVID-19, the situation has continued to evolve. Most of our staff are working remotely now and have the capability to continue doing so should the need arise. The closure of the K-12 education system for the foreseeable future will impact our staff – our remote work strategy is set up to help address this issue.
The most important thing that everyone can do is maintain social distance, avoid crowds and limit all contact unless absolutely necessary as has been requested by Public Health, the World Health Organization and local authorities. See this incredible graphic from the Washington Post on how the most effective strategy is simply to lower our close contact with other people.
Our Offices Will Temporarily Close to Walk-In Traffic Effective March 18, 2020
To protect your health and that of our employees, we will not be accepting walk-in clients until further notice. We have many options available for you to interact with us, and our team is available by phone, email and online. We realize this may be an inconvenience to some clients who want to visit our office, but we must all do our part to flatten the curve in this unprecedented situation.
How to Interact with Staff Working Remotely
Having most of our staff working from home requires a few changes in how we interact. Staff will NOT be available for face to face meetings. Please call or email when you need to reach out. When you do call, you may find you get voicemail more often. Please leave a message, your call will be returned promptly.
We ask for your patience. Some of our staff will be working with their family home from school – this may cause delays or some background noise on your call.
All our contact info can be found here.
How to Make Payments, Report Claims, and Sign Documents Digitally
To protect you from potential risk, we would like to remind you of ways to continue to do business with us without having to visit the office.
- We cannot accept any cash payments. We will accept credit card payments instead of cash temporarily.
- Payments can be made electronically. Payments made directly to Wedgwood (not insurers) can be made at most chartered banks/financial institutions.
- Search for WEDGWOOD INSURANCE in your payees. Direct payments to insurers through PAC and other plans can still be sent to them directly.
- Call the office or our emergency claims number1-800-706-2676. Auto claims, including photos, can be reported through our W/24 app. Download it here.
- Can be requested electronically through our W24 app as well – electronic proof of insurance is acceptable in NL. Or you can email us and we’ll send you one back by email as well.
- The vast majority of our documents can be signed electronically. Where applicable, your Account Manager will email them to you for signature.
Rest assured that we are taking the necessary measures to ensure the continuity of our operations and to guarantee the quality of the service we provide to you. Thank you for your cooperation during these uncertain times.