As cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread internationally, it is becoming more likely that we will see the worldwide spread of the virus. Although there are currently not many cases in Canada, this could change very rapidly.
To enable us to continue to serve you, while at the same time doing our part to lower levels of social contact that may help mitigate the spread of this virus we have enacted our Emergency Response plan.
Over the next week, we are implementing plans for many staff to work at home and triage office communications, particularly phone calls. This is out of an abundance of caution, not for any reason of sickness in our office, but we feel it is prudent to be proactive in this situation. We‘ve restricted all business travel and will be restricting visits to/from insurers/third party suppliers/contractors etc.
HOW CAN YOU HELP US, YOURSELF, AND OUR COMMUNITY?
To protect you from potential risk, we would like to remind you of ways to continue to do business with us without having to visit the office. We strongly recommend that you take advantage of these options to limit your personal risk. To the largest extent possible, all outbound/inbound client meetings will be conducted by phone or video conference wherever possible. We encourage you to take advantage of options other than visiting our office.
The best way to minimize the spread of infection is to eliminate all unnecessary social Contact. We love seeing our clients under normal circumstances, however, it‘s important to manage the risk wherever we can.
- Can be made electronically. Payments made directly to Wedgwood (not insurers) can be made at most chartered banks/financial institutions.
- Search for WEDGWOOD INSURANCE in your payees. Direct payments to insurers through PAC and other plans can still be sent to them directly.
- Call the office or our emergency claims number1-800-706-2676. Auto claims, including photos, can be reported through our W/24 app. Download it here.
- Can be requested electronically through our W24 app as well – electronic proof of insurance is acceptable in NL. Or you can email us and we‘ll send you one back by email as well.
- The vast majority of our documents can be signed electronically. Where applicable, your Account Manager will email them to you for signature.
For years we‘ve advocated for risk reduction. This is an opportunity for us to all work together to help reduce our risk and minimize the impact of this pandemic on our province. If everybody does their part, we can help get through this together.
We‘ll continue to communicate with you as we learn more.