The following are available under your automobile policy (Standard Automobile Policy /SPF 1). Your policy will outline the sections you currently carry:
Section A: Third Party Liability
Required by law. Section A must be on any vehicle that is being driven. Protects the driver against Bodily injury and Damage to Property of Others.
Section C: Covering physical damage to your automobile
The following coverages are available:
- All Perils Coverage
- Coverage for all incidents unless they are explicitly excluded in your policy wording.
- Collision or Upset Coverage
- Coverage for losses resulting from damages when a vehicle is involved in a collision with another object or rolls over.
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it’s stolen or damaged in an incident that’s not a collision.
- Specified Perils Coverage
- Coverage is exactly what it sounds like: coverage for specific events that are outlined in your policy. This typically includes damage caused by things like fire, hail, lightning, theft, and earthquakes.
Depending on your operations, in addition to the standard auto policy, there are several common automobile endorsements that may need to be added to your policy. You may already see some of these outlined in your policy document, but we ask that you review the common automobile endorsements listed below and contact us if you wish to have an in-depth renewal review.