As an Assisted Living Facility owner you face challenges like medication and storage administration, patient information security, fire safety and emergency procedures and resident abuse policies.
This is why we created RiskIQ™ specifically for Assisted Living Facilities. Buying insurance for your building and property is easy but finding a broker who understands your business is not. We have the experience and knowledge about Assisted Living Care facilities and Personal Care Homes to ensure that you won’t have to write a large cheque for a self-insured loss.
Wedgwood Offers You:
- Custom Plan designed to insure Assisted Living Facilities
- Independent Advice – insurance companies have no ownership in our business
- Extensive U.S. and international experience/expertise through our shareholding in Assurex Global
- Modern solutions including access to your policies with our W/24 client portal.
What’s in an Assisted Living Facility’s Insurance Policy?
A standard policy will depend on the kind of services you offer. You may have several coverage options available that you are unaware of, and a trained risk management expert is there to show you all the available options and explain their importance. Here are some options you may need:
- Commercial Property Insurance – Will provide cover for your business property such as your buildings, business contents, tenants improvements
- Commercial Auto Insurance – Whether you use your own car or a fleet of vehicles to get the job done, Wedgwood Insurance Limited can find the right coverage for you to protect your business from liability, bodily injury, comprehensive and collision coverage and more.
- Business interruption – covers the loss of revenue your business will suffer if you are shut down after a loss.
- Bailee’s coverage – coverage on property entrusted to the insured for storage – most facilities allow residents to keep their belongings on the premises. Bailee’s coverage protects these things from theft or damage.
- Flood and Sewer Backup Insurance
- Fidelity/crime Insurance – this protects you against employee theft, dishonesty, or destruction of other’s property.
- Abuse Liability Insurance – if someone claims abuse, you could be dealing with a major lawsuit and huge legal expenses.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance – provides coverage for errors, omissions or negligent acts arising out of the professional services you provide to others
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance – Directors and officers have a duty to exercise due diligence in overseeing the management of the organization they serve. A directors and officers liability insurance policy will protect your directors against allegations of fraud and misconduct made against them.