Home » Careers »
Personal Lines Account Manager
As an Account Manager, we need you to have great attention to detail and exceptional customer service skills. You have exceptional oral and written communication skills, are polite, confident, and are excellent at time management. The Personal Lines Account Manager will be responsible for the complete management and retention of a specific book of business. You will be responsible for advising clients on matters of coverage and pricing, placing the client’s risks with the most suitable market on a timely basis, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of documents and data, according to the workflows of the brokerage.
As our Ideal Candidate, you are:
- Awesome: you are a hard-working person who is looking to feel more like part of the family than an employee. You’re easy to get along with, and a pleasure for our team and clients to deal with;
- Professional: you understand our clients’ high expectations and rise to the challenge.
- Community-focused: you are a person who likes to get involved in the community and takes pride in a company that feels the same;
- One Smart Cookie: You pick up new concepts quickly and can apply your knowledge in order to problem-solve;
- Adaptable: You understand that change is a constant and can see the big picture when new processes or technologies are introduced;
- A Lifelong Learner: you are excited to take the required licensing courses and then continue to improve your knowledge in this industry with the many education streams that are available.
Our Nice to Haves:
- Experience in an insurance brokerage and/or with Applied Systems;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Two or more years of work experience in an office environment.
Our Work Environment:
- We value hard work, and commitment. We look for people who are looking for a long-term career, with the potential for upward mobility;
- Our working hours are 8:30 to 4:30 pm, with reduced hours in summer;
- We are a professional, but friendly office that strives to create an extremely comfortable atmosphere;
- We offer a benefits package, optional RRSP matching, and a competitive compensation package.
About Wedgwood Insurance
At Wedgwood Insurance our core values of Leadership, Commitment, and Preparation are reflected in all that we do. It’s how we’ve become the most trusted insurance brokerage in Newfoundland & Labrador and have been part of our foundation for over 40 years. We invest in our team by promoting personal and professional development, providing amazing benefits, and fostering a culture of respect and pride in our work and it shows as we’ve been named one of the “Best Place to Work in Atlantic Canada” 4 years in a row! And we are looking for a dedicated Account Manager to join our Personal Lines team.