Home » Careers » Employee Development & Training Coordinator
Employee Development & Training Coordinator
We are looking for an Employee Development & Training Coordinator to join our team in vibrant St. John’s, NL – where you will be responsible for driving and strengthening our commitment to change through education internally and externally and enhance the core competencies of our team through improved training and education.
What You Will Do:
Internal Education Programs:
- Implement training solutions that will enable employees to successfully perform their roles and exceed client expectations
- Prepares teaching agendas and determines best instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops to reach the target audience. Utilizes adult training techniques.
- Promote and educate the company’s values and consistently help improve the Employee Engagement scores through the development and facilitation of our values.
- Manage and coordinate training resources, such as insurers, 3rd parties, and licensing courses, to effectively offer pertinent educational resources
- Coordinate and facilitate the on-boarding of new team members
- Measures program results for all initiatives through follow-up surveys of all completed training sessions to evaluate and measure effectiveness. Considers feedback and modifies program objectives and initiatives as appropriate.
- Assists in Developing Career Paths
Technical Insurance Training:
- Assist new/existing staff in training to complete required licensing courses
- Create a system to assess competency and skill level on an individual basis
- Educate staff on Commercial and Personal Lines policy wordings based on individual needs
- Identify emerging insurance products and create internal training for our team.
- Create a program/process for continuous learning by all staff to enhance knowledge and client experience
- Create a testing/evaluation system to ensure that staff can apply to learn successfully
- Liaise with the leadership team to tie professional competency to performance management, compensation, and employee advancement.
- Coordinates a mentorship program, as needed.
- Develops and maintain positive working relationships with team members
- Corresponds with clients, prospects, and company representatives in a professional manner
- Performs work activities in an accurate manner and with the proper sense of urgency
- Create a team environment that promotes professionalism and encourages others to excel
- Proactively works toward achieving brokerage and team goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude and show enthusiasm toward job accountabilities and objectives
- Keeps abreast of new developments in order to enhance professional knowledge and competence
- Proactively seeks knowledge of and uses the resources/tools available
- Pursues knowledge of personal strengths and the strengths of teammates in order to be more productive and leverage the time and talents of others
- Acts as the catalyst for change within the company to ensure positive procedures and systems within the service teams and positive results for our clients.
Core Competency Standards:
- Accuracy and attention to detail – ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication – ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Confidentiality – ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with Wedgwood’s privacy guidelines for client and employee information, as well as proprietary information.
- Customer-oriented – ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Reliability – the trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Teamwork – ability to be part of a team and work cohesively to achieve goals.
- Time management – the ability to utilize the available time to organize and follow a systematic method of prioritizing tasks in order to complete work within given deadlines.
- Professionalism – represent Wedgwood professionally both internally and externally at all times.
- Initiative – ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Self-motivated – ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Responsible – ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Respect – values the backgrounds, experiences, opinions, feelings, and the contribution of everyone in the course of delivering our services.
- Integrity – recognizes that building trust demands honesty. Displays a commitment to doing what we promise. Ability to be truthful and be seen as honest and credible in the workplace.
- Innovation – constantly strives to improve both our culture and the value proposition to our customers by searching for better solutions, processes, and tools.
Job Specific Competency Standards:
- Analytical skills – ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Assertiveness – ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate the completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Change management – ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Coaching and development – ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Conflict resolution – ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Consensus building – ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Decision-making – ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating responsibility – ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Empathetic – ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Negotiation skills – ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Persuasive – ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- Problem-solving – detects potential problems at an early stage and seeks to solve them before they escalate. Uses analytical skills and creativity to solve problems. Knows when to ask for assistance or advice. Utilizes the available resources of the company.
- Project management – ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Relationship building – ability to effectively build relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Team builder – ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Technical aptitude – ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working under pressure – ability to be flexible and complete assigned tasks under stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Skills & Qualifications:
- University Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or sufficient experience and business acumen
- English, but French would be an asset
License & Certification:
- Not required but insurance licensing and designations such as CIP, CAIB, CRM would be an asset.
- At least 10 years of P&C insurance industry experience.
- Must be comfortable in an electronic and virtual environment with strong computer skills
- Advanced MS Office, including Word, PPT, and Excel
- Exposure to Applied Epic would be helpful.
As Our Ideal Candidate, You Are:
- Awesome: You’re easy to get along with, and a pleasure for our team and clients to deal with;
- Self-Starer: You understand what is expected of you and can rise to the challenge independently;
- Connected: You have your finger on the pulse of what is happening in in our industry, in our province and our city;
- Adaptable: You understand that change is a constant and can see the big picture when new processes or technologies are introduced;
What’s In It For You?
- A rewarding career path that helps you learn, grow, and showcase your talent;
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do;
- We are a professional, but friendly office that strives to create an extremely comfortable atmosphere;
- Flexible environment (work from home, a coffee shop, etc) and come to the office as needed;
- We offer a competitive salary structure, comprehensive health & medical benefits, RRSP matching, generous vacation & personal time allowances, and an innovative & progressive environment.
About Wedgwood Insurance
At Wedgwood Insurance our core values of Leadership, Commitment, and Preparation are reflected in all that we do. It’s how we’ve become the most trusted insurance brokerage in Newfoundland & Labrador and have been part of our foundation for over 40 years. We invest in our team by promoting personal and professional development, providing amazing benefits, and fostering a culture of respect and pride in our work and it shows as we’ve been named one of the “Best Place to Work in Atlantic Canada” 4 years in a row! And we are looking for a dedicated Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines team.